At CWTSatoTravel, we are proud of the fact that we serve the most important customer in the world.
As we do our best to continue our mission among the current circumstances, our partners at Soldiers’ Angels are doing the same. The staff is working tirelessly to provide aid and comfort to deployed service members, their families and veterans in need. They are doing whatever possible to ensure that “No Soldier Goes Unloved, No Soldier Walks Alone, No Soldier is Forgotten, Until They All Come Home.”
If you or your team members are at home and looking for ways to make a difference, please consider volunteering your time to help our veterans through some worthwhile opportunities. Some volunteer opportunity highlights include:
- Join a Virtual Team
- Make Masks: Have a sewing machine and basic sewing skills? Urgent help is needed to help supply VA hospitals with masks. As medical supplies continue to run low, healthcare workers are requesting homemade masks to help protect against COVID-19. The Soldiers’ Angels team is now accepting donations of masks from anyone, regardless if you are registered as an Angel or not.
- Create Cards of Support: Stuck at home and looking for something to do? Pick up a pen and greeting card and write a note of support for deployed service members and veterans! After you write your cards, simply include $1 per car card and mail the cards to our headquarters in San Antonio. The cards will be included in care packages that are shipped to deployed service members around the world and will also be sent in bulk to VA's and veteran-focused assisted living facilities. The $1 will go towards one of the many Soldiers' Angels programs providing COVID-19 relief and support.
- Make Para-Cord Bracelets: A para-cord bracelet may seem like a small item to include in a care package, but service members love them! Not only are they useful survival items, but creating a para-cord bracelet requires a personal touch and an item that a service member could carry with them at all times. Personal items like this have a tremendous impact on morale and often become cherished by the recipient.
- Please Note: Since these bracelets are going to deployed service members, the bracelets must be made from MIL-SPEC cording in the colors black, olive green, tan, or camo only.
- All the supplies you need in the correct color and specifications can be found on Amazon! Here's an Amazon Idea List to get you started.
- Instructions on how to make Para-cord bracelets.
Thank you in advance to those who choose to dedicate their time to helping others, coming together for a great cause as we continue to focus on supporting those who protect us.